Meet Jeff Carver
Jeff Carver is an extremely versatile trumpet and flugelhorn performer, educator and studio musician based in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, market. He is a skilled balladeer…incorporating a smooth, dark tone with intuitive phrasing and style. He is well-schooled and highly experienced performing a variety of musical styles including Contemporary Pop, Jazz, Smooth Jazz, Latin, New Orleans, Blues, Funk and Soft Rock. Within the last couple of years, Jeff has started singing on his shows and is receiving extremely positive feedback to this new addition.
Jeff is also a skilled lead trumpet player and is known for his amazing strength and endurance while touring with the Emmy-winning singer, Shaun Johnson & The Big Band Experience. Jeff is featured singing and soloing with Shaun during almost every show. In addition to touring with the BBE, Jeff regularly “hits the road” as a solo performer. Whether performing with high-end backing tracks, rhythm sections, a big band/jazz band, or even a blues band, Jeff enjoys it all! His unique performing style, audience connection and passionate approach to music make him a “performers performer”!
Jeff is also a passionate teacher and educator. He is a former award winning, high school band director, and currently owns his own private teaching business. In addition, Jeff provides high-energy, motivating and educational clinics for all ages of students, customized to focus on skills students require for success and happiness in whatever level of music they choose.
The Jeff Carver Solo Show
When Jeff is not touring, he performs 15-25 shows per month with his very successful and unique “Solo Show.” With over 200 songs at his disposal, he is giving his multi-age audiences the up-to-date songs they are craving while introducing a new generation to musicians and hits from past decades. Jeff’s Solo Show is highly sought after for Weddings, VIP events, Galas, Special Occasions, and Private Dinner Parties. Jeff’s show can also be found at particular restaurants and rooms.
A new concept that Jeff has been performing more recently are individual “House Parties.” Jeff comes to your house and can provide entertainment for your home event. Typically Jeff performs some cocktail music and then a short concert, filled with a wonderful selection of music and stories. However, you can customize an event with Jeff to however you want it to be! Contact Jeff to find out more!
Jeff’s “Solo Show” Song List can be found on this website.
Music and Business Career Highlights
- Who’s Who Among American College and University Students
- BA in Music Education, Graduated w/ Honors, Buena Vista University
- Outstanding Senior Award, Buena Vista University
- Outstanding Soloist Award, Kansas State Jazz Festival
- At age 18, Led Own 6-Piece Dance Band Featuring Area Professional Musicians & Band Directors.
- Director of Bands, North Branch High School, North Branch, MN
- North Branch Jazz Ensemble Featured at Numerous MN State Sports Championship Events
- Trumpet Soloist, Minnesota Music Educators Convention
- Produced major public school live concerts by artists including Woody Herman and Maynard Ferguson.
- Director of Bands, Henry Sibley High School, West. St. Paul, MN
- Designed New Marching Band Uniforms for 200 Member Henry Sibley Marching Band
- Henry Sibley Marching Band National Champions 1984
- Henry Sibley Marching Band at Disney World 1985
- NFL’s MN Vikings Band Lead Trumpet
- NHL’s MN NorthStars PowerPlayers Lead Trumpet
- National Anthem Soloist Major League Baseball’s MN Twins
- Guest Soloist and Clinician at Midwest Regional Public Middle Schools, High Schools and Colleges
- Director of Special Events, AVSense Productions
- Produced Promotions for New Orleans Convention Bureau, M&M Candies, MN Aquatennial and many others
- Director of Marketing, Maplewood Mall, Maplewood, MN
- Co-Chair Maplewood MN Parks and Recreation Commission
- Chairperson, Partners in The Business of Education, White Bear, MN
- Director of Marketing, Rosedale Shopping Center, Roseville, MN
- 1992 International MAXI Award Winner, Best Shopping Mall Sales Program
- 1993 International MAXI Award Finalist, Best Shopping Mall Sales Program
- Featured Presenter at International Council of Shopping Centers Five-State Convention, Denver, CO
- Featured Presenter KSTP-AM Radio (Minnesota)/Microsoft, Midwest Internet Workshop
- Planned 1990 Olympic Festival Kickoff w/MN Olympic Committee Record-breaking Ticket Sales
- Prominently featured in Internationally marketed book on shopping center niche marketing and creative and profitable Food Court shopping center promotions.
- Certified Marketing Director Designation from International Council of Shopping Centers
- Sr. VP of Sales & Marketing for Jumpin Jax Corporation
- Sr. VP of Sales & Marketing for By Design Agency
- President, Carver Marketing Concepts, Ltd (Jeff’s own marketing consulting company.)
- President, SoleTrex, LLC (A Hiking & Backpacking Media Company)
- Created Multi-media Backpacking Outdoor Series, Coordinating Emmy and Grammy Award Talent
- National Guest Speaker and Television/Radio Guest on Hiking and Backpacking
- MN Division of Am. Cancer Society Board of Directors
- Co-founder, Soloist, Power of Ten, Club Band
- Trumpet, MN Music Award Winner, Soul Tight Committee, Club Band
- Soloist, Lead Trumpet, MN Music Award-Nominee, High & Mighty, Club Band
- MN Division of Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of Am. Board Member
- Created Jeff Carver Music, Melding Musical Live Performance, Music Education and Recording
- Twin City Area Recording Session Musician
- Founder and Owner of Jeff Carver Music, LLC
- Trumpet player/Soloist with Shaun Johnson & The BBE Touring Band